Referrals and Admissions
Oak Tree School provides specialist day education for young people aged 7 to 16, including children in care, who experience social, emotional, and behavioural difficulties and whose local authority is unable to provide specifically for their statement of educational needs. Children who attend our school receive individualised therapeutic support to try and help meet their significant needs.
Parents and Carers are advised to talk first with the SENDCo at their child’s current place of education. The SENDCo may then be able to advise if Oak Tree School is a suitable placement for the child or young person. The SENDCo (along with the parent/carer) can then refer to the local authority admission placement process where decisions for referral will be made.
For admission to Oak Tree School children and young people:
- Will be aged between 7 – 16 years
- Will be referred to Oak Tree School by the relevant local authority
- Will most likely have a statement of special educational need or education and health care plan (or will be under assessment)
- May have social, emotional, mental health, or behavioural difficulties
- May have autistic spectrum conditions
- May have specific learning difficulties such as Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and Dyscalculia
- Will benefit from Oak Tree School’s therapeutic input
- Further information can be found in our Admissions policy: Link to admissions policy here
To enquire about a child attending our school please contact 01872 264221 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org