Secondary Class Teacher – Math/Science Specialist
At OFG, we work smarter so you can spend more time doing what makes you happy!
How would you like to be paid for five days but only work four*?
Our colleagues’ wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do at OFG, so we’re always looking for new ways to improve everyone’s work/life balance. We’re taking part in a trial of the 4-Day Working Week, meaning that you could be working one day less a week (or equivalent).
4DWW will be rolled out within our school, when we have a full complement of staff, and within the next year – so there’s never been a more exciting time to join us #teamOFG!
Job Title: Secondary Class Teacher – Math/Science Specialist
Location: Oak Tree School, Truro
Salary: £35,000 per annum
Hours: 42.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8am – 4.30pm
Contract: Permanent, Term Time only
Join us today to receive a £1000 Welcome Bonus. *£500 paid once you start employment and £500 after successful completion of final probation – there has never been a better time to join us’* T&Cs apply! *
UK applicants only.
Due to growth in service, we are recruiting for a Secondary Class Teacher – Math/Science Specialist to join our team at Oak Tree School.
About the role
To secure high quality teaching, effective use of resources and improve standards of learning and achievement for all pupils in consultation with the Head of Education/Headteacher
To teach a range of subjects as necessary to ensure the effective delivery of the school’s curriculum
In consultation with the Head of Education/Headteacher undertake other identified areas of responsibility as necessary to ensure effective delivery of the school’s curriculum
- The school’s aims, priorities, targets, curriculum policies and action plans;
- Any statutory curriculum requirements and the requirements for assessment, recording and reporting of pupils attainment and progress such as Accelerated Reader;
- The characteristics of high-quality teaching and the main strategies for improving and sustaining
- High standards of teaching, learning and achievement for all pupils;
- Management, including employment law, equal opportunities legislation, personnel, external relations, finance and change;
- The implications of the code of practice of special educational needs for teaching and learning.
- Use of a variety of teaching styles and approaches
- Attainment of GCSE (or equivalent), grade C in English and Maths
- Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent
- Organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- A commitment to safeguarding the welfare of all pupils
- Ability and enthusiasm to work jointly with colleagues
- An outstanding classroom teacher, or has the capacity to become one
- Strategic thinker who tailors lessons to students needs and abilities
Oak Tree School is a specialist provision positioned near the city of Truro in Cornwall. The school provides full-time specialist co-education for up to 135 pupils and young people aged 7 to 16 who experience social, emotional, mental health, communication difficulties and associated challenging behaviours. These pupils and young people often cannot cope, function or achieve within a mainstream environment. The aim is to provide a structured, nurturing approach, with pupils accessing a broad, balanced and engaging curriculum to meet their significant needs.
This opportunity is in Truro which is within commutable distance of Redruth, St Austell and surrounding areas.
We are part of Acorn Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Why join Acorn Education?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the pupils and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people. All applicants will be subject to social media checks and successful applicants to a fully enhanced DBS.
*You’ll work 80% of your contractual hours for 100% of your pay, giving you more time to do the things that make you happy.